The School of Distance Education and Learning (SODEL) of Jaipur National University was established in the year 2008-2009. In September, 2009 the University got approval from DEC and the Joint Committee of AICTE-UGC-DEC to start various programmes of studies at Under Graduate and Post Graduate levels.
Advantages of Distance Education
- Learning at your own pace, speed and convenience
- Just-in-time learning; more opportunities to learn the latest and the updated study materials
- Reaching the unreached; reaching those with restricted mobility (drop-outs, housewives, handicapped, elderly people).
- Accessibility for those with family responsibilities (parents with young children at home)
- Exposure to telecommunication technology and access to the media-rich learning environment
Salient Features of Distance Learning
- Age No Bar
- Flexibility in rules and regulations
- Admissions twice a year, in calendar year (January batch) and academic year (July batch).
- Quality print material is provided by the university in SLM format only in English language.
- Well defined minimum and maximum duration of each programme
- Study based on credit system and students are at ease to accumulate credits as per their convenience and availability of time.
- Evaluation of students on the basis of Internal assignments (30% weightage) and Term-EndExamination (70% weightage).
The university follows ‘Credit System’ for most of its programmes. Each credit in this system is equivalent to 30 hours of student study comprising all learning activities ie reading and comprehending the print material, attending counselling sessions and writing assignment responses). Thus, a four credit course involves 120 hours of study This helps the learner to know the academic effort he/she has to put in, to successfully complete a course. Completion of an academic programme (Degree) requires successful completion of the assignments, practical projects and the term-end-examination of each course in a programme. The university allows a student to clear his/her back papers after filling a separate examination form with the prescribed fee. However, there is a maximum ceiling of credits for any single examination.
Admissions are conducted twice a year January and July sessions. To facilitate the reach of the students the university has started filling online applications. Please note that this university has no authorized study centres across and outside the country.
Students are advised not to pay University Fees to any person or institution in cash /Demand Draft / Cheque (any mode of payment).
Medium of Examination
Students can write their examination papers either in English or Hindi language. Students are advised to visit our web site http://sodel.jnujaipur.ac.in/ and ERP Portal regularly tor any updates and more details
JAIPUR NATIONAL UNIVERSITY – JAIPUR
(1) Two sessions in a year (January & June)
(2) Online enrollment verification on university official website (http://sodel.jnujaipur.ac.in/)
(3) Course material provided by the university
(4) Online student admit card
(5) Online result verification
Apply Online :- https://www.delhicareervision.in/
Registration / Renewal Registration
The Registration / Renewal-Registration Form for admission to First / Second/ Third / Fourth / Fifth / Sixth Semester of study should be filled immediately after the examinations without waiting for the First / Second/ Third / Fourth / Fifth Semester result along with the full programme fee, admission form cum prospectus/ enrolment fees Rs. 500/-. Examination fees Rs. 2000/- and back paper examination fees Rs. 2000/-.
Last dates for the Sessions
The Last Dates for various sessions are announced by the university and the same are notified on the web site.
The Application forms are given in the Prospectus/ website. Fill-up the form and deposit it is the University. The University will close the registration after the prescribed last date and the students will suffer the lose at least six months as they may be shifted to the next batch. Re-Registration form is also available on the web site www.sodel.jnujaipur.ac.in. It may be noted that if you fall to submit the Re-Registration Form within the prescribed time you will miss a session. Students are advised to visit the website of the university before paying the fee.
Shifting From Regular Mode to Distance Mode
The Students who are pursuing of the courses in JNU Jaipur as a regular student and unable to continue because of employment or any other valid reason may be allowed admission as per their eligibility, subject to the condition that the same programme is available in the School of Distance Education and Learning. All such candidates shall be examined as per the current scheme of Examinations and syllabus of the SODEL. They will be awarded degree under Distance Mode (not regular) but the marks obtained by them in their regular examinations will be counted if they have passed the examination (both the semesters) of the concerned programme in which they are seeking admission. If they have passed only part of the papers or any single semester, they will have to reappear in all the courses/papers of the programme in the subsequent examinations under distance mode. The university generally does not accept the students of other institutions under credit transfer or lateral entry system.