ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
The School of Distance Education and Learning ( jaipur national university ugc ) of Jaipur National University was established in the year 2008-2009. In Sept, 2009 the University got approval from DEC and the Joint Committee of AICTE-UGC-DEC accorded its approval to start various programs of studies at under graduate and post graduate level. Quality assurance and maintenance have been the motto of the School of jaipur national university degree and has all along maintained parity with education offered to regular students in colleges and universities. The students are provided quality study material in Self Learning format and in addition to this counseling is provided by well educated and experienced academic counselors at the place near to their doorstep. One of the great advantages of Distance Learning is that it provides a viable and affordable alternative to conventional mode of education, especially for those, who for several socio-economic, family and geographic constraints, could not get education despite their high motivation and genuine aptitude for studies, and also for those who do not have time for education through conventional mode because of their personal, professional and family obligations.
Characteristics of Distance Learning:
- Age No Bar
- Flexibility in rules and regulations.
- Special facility to bring the dropouts in the main stream by condoning break in studies.
- Admissions twice a year, in calendar year (January batch) and academic year (July batch).
- Quality print material is provided by the university in SLM format only in English language.
- Well defined minimum and maximum duration of each programme
- Study based on credit system and students are at ease to accumulate credits as per their convenience and availability of time.
- Evaluation of students on the basis of Internal assignments (30% weightage) and Term-End-Examination (70% weightage).
Characteristics of the Study Material:
- States clearly objectives and learning outcomes.
- Contents broken in to various headings and sub-headings that cover each learning objectives.
- Self Learning Exercises and check your progress questions are inbuilt in the study material.
- Unit structure has been given in the beginning of the unit.
- Provides plenty of examples, charts, graphs, tables and equations wherever necessary
- At the end of each unit summary, glossary has been provided.
Advantages of Distance Education:
- Learning at your own pace, speed and convenience.
- Just-in-time learning; more opportunities to learn the latest and the updated study materials.
- Reaching the unreached; reaching those with restricted mobility (dropouts, housewives, handicapped, elderly people).
- Accessibility for those with family responsibilities (parents with young children at home).
- Exposure to telecommunication technology and access to media-rich learning environment.
For more information :- http://www.delhicareervision.in/